I’ve got a great commute. One of the best in the country, as most people living and working in downtown Portland do. But there are hundreds of thousands of people that have horrible commutes, or at best really long commutes. I’ve been pondering to keep a balanced view of things, I may try out a unique commute once or twice a month, just as an experiment. Also, it’s always kind of fun having an extra adventure once in a while.
With that said, I’m wondering what my first commute experiment should be. I’ve already done the WES, and it was a blast (albeit still an overpriced piece of commuting equipment, it did allow the best ride of the entire system). So here are some of my thoughts on trying out some different commutes.
- Blue Line from Gresham
- Blue Line from Hillsboro
- Green Line from Clackamas Town Center
- Red Line from the airport or from Parkrose/Sumner Transit Center
- In bound bus lines from Gresham such as the #4, #9, or others.
- #77 from Troutdale
- #31 from Estacada (OMG, that’s like 23089752 miles away!)
- #33 or #35 from Oregon City or Lake Oswego
- #12 from Sherwood
Comment with some options, and I’ll run a poll to see which I should take. I’ll then do a 1-2 day commute from that route and report on the characteristics, people, and other miscellaneous traits of the route run.