I do a lot of web development work. One of the things I’ve always noticed, which has bothered me, is how horrible most transit websites are. So I’ve put together a list and am hoping I can get some feedback from users. Once I get the user feedback I’m going to roll together a report of actual usability on each of the sites compared to each other. With that said, here’s the list.
- TriMet – http://www.trimet.org/ Of course, I’ve got to include the hometown site. Portland, Oregon & surrounding areas.
- NJ Transit – http://www.njtransit.com New Jersey Transit.
- MTA – http://www.mta.info/ Metropolitan Transportation Authority – This is the subway and more in the New York area.
- MARTA – http://www.itsmarta.com/ Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority.
- SFMTA / MUNI – http://www.sfmta.com/ San Francisco Municipal Transportation Authority.
- BART – http://www.bart.gov/ Bay Area Rapid Transit
- CTA – http://www.transitchicago.com/ Chicago Transit Authority
- Miami-Dade Transit – http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/metrorail.asp
- M or Metro – http://www.metro.net/ Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- DART – http://www.dart.org/ Dallas Area Rapid Transit
- King County Metro Transit – http://metro.kingcounty.gov/
- Sound Transit – http://www.soundtransit.org/
- Pierce Transit – http://www.piercetransit.org/
- Valley Metro – http://www.valleymetro.org/
- RTA – http://www.norta.com/ – New Orleans Region Transit Authority
The following sites are more specific, not to general transit, but to a specific company or line.
- Seattle Streetcar – http://www.seattlestreetcar.org/
- Portland Streetcar – http://www.portlandstreetcar.org/