Finally got the first trip of a set scheduled. Here’s my plan for sleuthing to the maximum. I’m going to make two trips to Los Angeles, hopefully both will be before the end of the year. The first trip will be later this month, departing on the Coast Starlight on October the 24th. Paul @emptedesign will be going down on this October trip to help me capture some footage. We’ll also be catching up on the Railvolution Conference on the train ride down. Then the next trip will be sometime in November or December. Here’s the break out of mission goals for the two trips so far.
October Coast Starlight Trip
- We’re going get a Transit Sleuth TV segment put together for the Coast Starlight trip itself.
- Catch up and put together another Transit Sleuth TV segment on the Railvolution Conference and a wrap up around that.
- Get video for a secret project and some segment work on Transit Sleuth TV of the transit in action and explore new realms of the city. Prospectively the Gold Line or elsewhere. Got ideas? Send them this way!
- Catch a commuter train to somewhere. The question is, which one and where to? Where is a good town center along the way, good livability and related things?
- Find the good food the locals dig. Where is it, where’s the walkable streets that we should tackle?
Later Coast Starlight Trip
- Catch up with the Wolfpack Hustle and get the lowdown on the rides, packs and hustles. If you’re not aware of this crew in LA, check this out. Keep an eye out for those rockin’ tall bikes!
- Bike and transit and bike and transit and bike and then bike some more.
So these are coming up… Transit Sleuth will be sleuthing and the adventures will be on Transit Sleuth TV on a future episode!