This is my main ride for almost everything. I’ve got larger tires on for smooth riding in bumpy ole’ Seattle. Good gearing. A reliable and comfortable seat. Solid additional parts like Chris King Hubs, etc.
I have been through short rides, heavy rides, slogs, and distances of over 100 miles a day on this bike. It rides like a dream, and quick to respond, and solid for heavy loads. Combined with my Bill Trailer from Surly and it can carry a formidable multi-hundred pound load without much strain at all!
- Frame: All-City Space Horse Disc w/ fork and gruppo.
- Shifter: SRAM Apex 2x
- Brakes: Yokozuna Motor Cable/Hydraulic
- Rear DER SRAM Apex WiFli (32t max)
- Front DER SRAM Apex
- Crankset Arms: SRAM Apex 50/34 w/ Rings
- BB GXP
- Cassette 10-speed 11-32t
- Headset Chris King R45, sotto vocce blk
- Rims Pacenti CL25
- Hubs Front Shutter Precision PD-8, Dyno/ISO
- Hubs Rear Chris King R45D blk
- Spokes Front/Rear DT Swiss Revolution
- Nipples Gold w/ ano/green accent
- Tires: Compass Cycles Barlow Pass 38m
- Tape/Grips Fizik Green to beautifully match the frame.
- Saddle: Brooks Cambium C15, black
- Pedals: Shimano XT PD-M8020 Trail Pedals
- Fenders: Planet Bikes ALX black)
- Cages: One bottle, one Salsa “Anything Cage”
- Front Rack: Jandd Lowrider
- Back Rack: MSW Pork Chop
- Lights: Front B & M Luxos U
- Lights: Rear B & M
- Charger/USB Charger w/ Luxos U
- Power Switch w/ USB Charger on Dyno/Light Configuration
Over the years I’ve gotten a new dyno replacement, and changed the cassettes to different gearing. Otherwise all pieces are still in place after a solid 35k miles so far! BOOM!
NOTE: Again, not sponsored by anybody to write this. Just doing to to document the gear I use in case anybody is interested. To check out the Space Horse Disc hit up the product page.
[…] picked up an All-City Macho Man just a few weeks before I got the Space Horse Disc built at Back Alley Bike Repair here in Seattle! From here on though, I’m going to call the […]
[…] hauler of things, Space Horse. This bike provides point to point travel with the possibility of over 100lbs of carry weight on […]
[…] I’ve written up a few posts about them under my “All-City Pop Rocket” and “Space Horse Disc“. Today’s post is about the Riese & Müller Load 75 Electric Cargo Bike and the […]