Next big trip, includes a few thousand rail miles. I am sure Jo and I will land on a few buses during this trip. If any auto usage is incurred, it will be through absolute necessity and with slight disdain.
- September 26th departing Portland Union Station @ 2:25pm on Amtrak Train #11.
- September 27th arriving Los Angeles Union Station @ 9:00pm on Amtrak Train #11.
- Chilling the OC life & roaming the LA mega sprawl via Metro.
- September 30th departing Los Angeles @ 2:30pm on Train #2 and Arriving Maricopa @ 10:07pm on Train #2.
- October 1st-4th will be staying at the Hampton in Gilbert (Mesa)
- and then
- Hotel San Carlos on the 4th-7th
- October 7th departing Maricopa @ 1:02am on Train #1 and arriving Los Angeles @ 9:40am on Train #1.
- Chilling in LA again, and shredding the OC.
- October 9th departing Los Angeles @ 10:15am on Train #14.
- October 10th arriving Portland @ 3:40pm on Train #14.
If you have any suggestions (I have received a few) of any particular routes, places, or other things Jo and I should hit up while in LA/OC please do comment. Also in PHX – got a few things lining up and definitely looking forward to checking out both metropolis. The last I was in LA was about a year ago, and the last time I saw Phoenix was in 1994 aboard the Sunset Limited – we took an unplanned 8+ hour delay into the city – it was a weird but awesome trip. 🙂